- Supply Chain & Technical Services
- Refurbishments & Upgrades
- Project Delivery & Implementation
- Asset Management
- Electrical Equipment Overhaul
- Product Solutions
- Drafting Services
- Parts & Products Ordering
Our approach to every overhaul programme is the same — treat each one differently
Our local support services and resources provide the highest level of client service and world-class performance and reliability with OEM materials and repairs to return your assets back to revenue service faster, while reducing your overall cost of ownership.
We customise each overhaul to provide the best and most comprehensive support, while optimising the total package to meet client operational and financial targets.
So, whether you are looking for a short-term ‘material and labour’ overhaul or a longer-term collaborative arrangement, UGL has a solution that meets each operator’s evolving business requirements.
UGL offers a complete solution for the overhaul of passenger and freight rail applications including cleaning, overhaul and repair, VPI, painting and testing of:
- AC & DC traction motors
- Air compressor motors
- Ancillary electric motors such as water pumps and clutch drives
- Blower motors
- Dynamic brakes
- Radiator fan motors
In 2013, UGL overhauled in excess of 300 EMD components from fleets across Australia, including:
- Traction Motors - D29, D77, D78 and D87
- Alternators - AR10 and AR11
- Armature rewinding and repair
- Brush change-out and repair
- Dynamic balancing
- Manufacture of cable assemblies
- Motor and circuit board thermal imaging
- PdMA motor diagnostics
- Stator rewinding – form and random coil
UGL’s support services provide an end-to-end asset management solution designed by maintaining asset value and reducing the need for capital expenditure.